Picking out the right colors for your roof can be a bit tricky. You’ve got to take a few things into account. Sure, there are tools and swatch tests that can assist you in finding that ideal shade. But it gets a bit more complex when you have to factor in other important elements of your home, like the foundation, windows, and the overall surroundings.
If your home is clad in brick or stone, use these tips to achieve the best color scheme.
1. For a Warm Palette – If the cast is brown, gold or tan, choosing a warm tone will enhance the look of your roof. You can also choose a blend of tiles that show the cast color.
2. For Cool Hues – Gray and cool hues will blend seamlessly with gray bricks. Picking this palette for your roof will create harmony for the entire cool-toned brick exterior.
3. For a Multi-Color Blend – You can ask your roofing company to mix up to seven colors for your roof. Just make sure to include one shade that is similar to the brick color and one that will complement the siding.
4. For Mid-Toned Colors – These shades are in the middle of the tonal spectrum, meaning they are neither light nor dark. If you are working with bricks that have a white cast, a mid-tone roof color is an excellent choice.
5. Matching for Stone Siding – For homes that feature stone, the color selection process follows the same principles as for bricks. Generally, you will find that your stone color scheme falls into zones of gray, bluish gray, peach and gold. Achieve visual symmetry by selecting a blend that includes the same color.
Talk to an expert from Skyline Contracting to find the right color scheme for your roof. We also offer roof repair and siding replacement. Call us today at (770) 530-3095, or fill out our online form to get a free estimate. We proudly serve clients in Gainesville, GA, and the surrounding areas.